31 Days Of Free MusicMar 1st, 2007 | By James Lewin | Category: Digital Music, Podcast Quickies
Gizmodo has put out a call to boycott the RIAA during March.
We thought that we’d support their boycott at first. But then we realized that spending a month thinking about the RIAA doesn’t sound like much fun, and is probably pretty pointless – especially when there’s already so much music legally available as free downloads.
Instead, we’re going to use March to highlight 31 Days of Free Music.
Every day this month, we’re going to highlight a free music podcast. There are all sorts of music podcasts – so you’re sure to find something you like.
So bookmark (and link to) this page, and check back throughout the month to discover more free music podcasts.
31 Days Of Free Music
- March 01 – Free classical music for piano
- March 02 – Pulse-pounding free dj mixes from DJ Steveboy
- March 03 – Free guitar music from Ottmar Liebert
- March 04 – Free soundtrack music from ReGenesis
- March 05 – Flyinshoes Radio’s free americana music
- March 06 – Blibb Blobb explores the world of 8-bit music
- March 07 – The Irish and Celtic Music podcast
- March 08 – KEXP podcasts Music That F***ing Matters
- March 09 – LA indie label Alpha Pup Records publishes the Alternative Hip-Hop Lounge podcast.
- March 10 – A mix of eclectic music from Accidental Hash
- March 11 – Unrelenting, brutal, harsh noise from ReGurgiTron
- March 12 – free jazz music videos from Jon Hammond
- March 13 – Deutsche Welle’s free classical music podcast features Beethoven, Brahms and more!
- March 14 – The Acousticity podcast offers free acoustic music from singer/songwriters and folk musicians.
- March 15 – The Rhinocast features free music, in-depth discussion of the musicians and music, and interviews with artists like Chrissy Hynde and Burt Bacharach.
- March 16 – the Renaissance Festival podcast features free music from Celtic, Irish, Scottish, English and Gypsy folk musicians.
- March 17 – Seattle’s KEXP offers a free music podcast that features live sets from up-and-coming acts as well as older indie favorites.
- March 18 – free ambient music is featured in the Daily Ambience podcast.
- March 19 – free video podcasts from Thomas Dolby.
- March 20 – WFMU offers a podcast of free soul music.
- March 21 – You can’t talk about free music without talking about the Dead. The Grateful Dead podcast features classic Dead performances that you can download.
- March 22 – Spotted Peccary, an electronic music label, offers a free music podcast that includes tracks from recent releases, along with commentary from the label’s artists.
- March 23 – IndieFeed features free indie music.
- March 24 – Cinema Du Lyon offers free music and music videos.
- March 25 – Groove it like Grandma with a free music podcast featuring antique phonograph recordings.
- March 26 – Punk rock lives with GaragePunk, a podcast of free punk rock music.
- March 27 – Get free music, change the world.
- March 28 – The Roadhouse offers free blues MP3s.
- March 29 – Girls, girls and more girls are featured on Rubyfruit Radio, a podcast of free music from indie female musicians.
- March 30 – We found five more free music podcasts for you to check out.
- March 31 – It ain’t over until the fat lady sings – so if you’re into opera, you need to check out the Scream and Kill podcast, which takes an irreverent look at the world of jailbait divas, operatic bitch fights, suicide, death, lust and all the other good things that make up opera.
Unfortunately, there’s too many free music podcasts to cover in one month. So, if you‚Äôve got a free music podcast, or if you have a music site that offers free downloads, let everybody know in the comments!
Image credit: Orange Beard