Free App Lets you Make Animated Movies On Your ComputerAug 15th, 2008 | By James Lewin | Category: Internet TV, Video
Moviestorm is a new free application, available for Windows or Mac, designed for creating machinima-style animated movies and distributing them on social networking sites.
Moviestorm is designed to take users through the entire movie-making process, from set-building, character creation and script-writing to titles, credits and editing in under fifteen minutes, ending up with a digital animated movie that can be uploaded to YouTube or Moviestorm’s own site with one click.
- Create sets and characters based on a library of customisable templates and 3D models
- Record dialogue for characters to speak back
- Choreograph scenes using a wide range of stock animations
- Film scenes using multiple cameras, and edit the footage into a complete movie
- Upload movies directly to YouTube , the Moviestorm website and produce files suitable for other video-sharing sites.
The base Moviestorm software is free and includes everything required to make a simple movie. The company plans to make money by selling content packs, providing more costumes, sets, props and animations.
“We’ve had over ten thousand early adopters helping us to refine Moviestorm over the last year,” notes Moviestorm’s John O’Boyle. ” We have listened to what they have said, and used their feedback to build a strong, versatile product that can be used by anyone regardless of their creative background.”
Demo video here.