Free App Lets you Make Animated Movies On Your Computer

Aug 15th, 2008 | By | Category: Internet TV, Video

Moviestorm is a new free application, available for Windows or Mac, designed for creating machinima-style animated movies and distributing them on social networking sites.

Moviestorm is designed to take users through the entire movie-making process, from set-building, character creation and script-writing to titles, credits and editing in under fifteen minutes, ending up with a digital animated movie that can be uploaded to YouTube or Moviestorm’s own site with one click.

Moviestorm Features:

• Create sets and characters based on a library of customisable templates and 3D models
  • Record dialogue for characters to speak back
  • Choreograph scenes using a wide range of stock animations
  • Film scenes using multiple cameras, and edit the footage into a complete movie
  • Upload movies directly to YouTube , the Moviestorm website and produce files suitable for other video-sharing sites.

The base Moviestorm software is free and includes everything required to make a simple movie. The company plans to make money by selling content packs, providing more costumes, sets, props and animations.

“We’ve had over ten thousand early adopters helping us to refine Moviestorm over the last year,” notes Moviestorm’s John O’Boyle. ” We have listened to what they have said, and used their feedback to build a strong, versatile product that can be used by anyone regardless of their creative background.”

Demo video here.

Tags: , , , , ,

34 Responses to “Free App Lets you Make Animated Movies On Your Computer”

1. Digital Dale says:

The question is whether it can do mp4 for video podcasts. Regardless, I’d guess the video can be converted, hopefully without significant video quality loss. This could be a way for audio-only podcasters to do video. Definitely worth looking into.

2. angela deione crennel says:

I WROTE A BOOK CALL :THE ROSE THAT WAS LEFT OUT, AND OTHERS, I LOOKING FOR A SOFTWARE TO HELP ME MAKE A MINATURE MOVIE OF ANIMATION. CAN YOU HELP ME.

3. that this is some thing i am doing for fun

4. Matt Kelland says:

Thanks for the mention. Moviestorm can’t put out mp4 natively, but you can convert easily enough with various apps out there. (It does wmv, avi, mov, depending on what codecs you have installed on your PC/Mac)

I’ve used it to convert a few audio podcasts into video podcasts, and it’s quite straightforward for single-person podcasts. Lip sync is automated, so you just tell a character to use a wav or mp3 file as their audio, and they will just speak it. Dialogues require a little bit of cutting, but are still usually easy enough. You can put photographic backgrounds in fairly easily or build sets so you can do your podcast in a studio or “in the field”.

Give it a shot, and let us know how you get on. We’re always looking for feedback and suggestions on how to improve things.

(Full disclosure, I’m one of the founders of Moviestorm.)

5. dmia says:

CAN SOMEONE MAKE A VIDEO FOR MY LATEST RELEASE? MY SONG IS ON YOUTUBE AND IT IS A CLUBSONG ABOUT MISSING CHILDREN. HELP.

6. Mary says:

Hello,

Is it possible to create my own characters and background props? Also, would the software be fully functional on a non-Internet computer? (I would download it and then transfer it by USB to a different computer)

7. Guest says:

I am downloading this now and I am planning for my video to be uploaded onto you tube and hopefully it will be a hit!!!

8. iem sabi says:

nice man

9. big boy dale says:

i love black people

10. drew says:

Can this be used on a Mac

11. kenny says:

yes,..it can be.

12. JoJo says:

Ummm How do I download it ..

13. Kimberley says:

I haven’t yet downloaded this however I am extremely interested. I am also interested in first finding out if once you create a movie can you save it and go back to edit later without it being uploaded to public viewing? And my main concern is, once created can you save it without it being published on youtube or any other public site for anyone else to see and simply make it a private movie and send it via your own personal email to persons you only want to view it? I am interested in making an invitation to a family party and obviously don’t want everyone in the world to be able to see that so I would like to create it, save it UNSEEN, edit if necessary before emailing it and finally emailing it to only those we are inviting.

K

14. jorden says:

Hey, if someone that has downloaded it tell me if they are having trouble with viruses on it or if it will cause my computer to crash.

15. beta alanine says:

I cannot thank you enough for the article post.Thanks Again. Great.

16. shraddha says:

Can I make animated movies without internet connection.

17. shraddha says:

Can I make animated movies without internet connection.
    After downloading it. And
    are there sounds provided by the app for models

18. Everything is very open with a really clear clarification of the issues.
    It was truly informative. Your site is useful. Thank you for sharing!

19. There is one more free app megabox hd that let you watch free movies and shows on mobile devices

20. Nothing will go change this state

21. iptv server says:

I don’t think its possible to face this

22. It’s actually a nice and useful piece of information. I am happy that you just shared this useful info with us.

Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

23. mxt to mov says:

Hd video to be uploaded onto youtube using mxf converter

24. Your site is useful. Thank you for sharing!

25. GTA 5 Hack says:

You actually make it appear so easy together
    with your presentation but I to find this topic to be really something that I believe I would by no means understand.
    It sort of feels too complex and very huge for me. I’m looking
    ahead on your next post, I will attempt to get the cling of it!

26. After the grand success of Play Station 4 (PS 4), Sony has announced the next version of Play Station, the PS 5. It will obviously be more powerful and rigid than the PS 4, for better and smooth gameplay experience. If you are a hardcore gamer and love console games, you must be interested in checking out the technical details. Just visit my site here for all the information you need.

27. Penjual alat pemadam api ringan (APAR), Tabung pemadam kebakaran berat (APAB), isi pemadam … Refill Tabung Pemadam Api atau Isi Ulang Alat Pemadam Api seperti Tabung Pemadam Api Sonick,

28. I read this post completely on the topic of the comparison of
    latest and previous technologies, it’s amazing article.

29. At this time I am going to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming yet again to read additional news.

30. mobdroapp says:

nice information on this topic.learned lot of things from you through this article,Enjoy free tv with mobdro app