PowerPress Podcasting Plugin UpdatedMar 14th, 2009 | By James Lewin | Category: Podcast Distribution, Podcasting, Podcasting Software
The Blubrry PowerPress plugin for WordPress version 0.7.1 is now available.
The latest version includes a large number of new features as well as bug fixes.
- Simple/Advanced Modes
- Simple Mode is perfect for podcasters just starting out
- Advanced Mode includes additional settings, tools and features.
- Enhanced iTunes Summary option (learn more)
- Create Unlimited Custom Podcast Feeds
- Each Feed includes the same extensive feed settings as the default podcast feed.
- Customize feed title, description and landing page
- Specify number of episodes per feed
- Hosted Feed Service Support (e.g. FeedBurner.com)
- WordPress Nonces support
- Added WordPress Roles and Capabilities support for User Role Management
- Additional player settings, specify audio player width and video player width & height
- PodPress Episode Import Tool
- Simple Mode for Podcast Entry Box (just enter the media URL and youâ€™re done)
In addition to the new features, the update offers bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed duration detection bug
- Improved player in-page loading time
- Duration formatting improved for episodes that go over 1 hour.
The updated PowerPress can be downloaded here. More info below.
If you’ve used the PowerPress WordPress plugin, leave a comment with your thoughts!
Some of the features in depth:
Custom Podcast Feeds
The new Custom Podcast Feeds feature allows podcasters to create additional podcast feeds for syndicating multiple media formats or versions of their podcast. The advantage of using PowerPress Custom Podcast Feeds is you can decide which media file is associated with which feed at the time you edit your blog post.
Enhanced iTunes Summary
Enabling the Enhanced iTunes Summary option will automatically remove the HTML markup in a readable format for iTunes while including web links and links to embedded images. The web links and embedded images are clickable within iTunes and open in the default browser when clicked.
Simple mode is perfect for someone starting out who may not understand all of the options and settings available in Blubrry PowerPress. The Simple Mode displays only the essential settings required to get your podcast started.