PowerPress 0.9.2 Adds More OptionsJul 24th, 2009 | By James Lewin | Category: Podcasting, Podcasting Software
Blubrry has updated its PowerPress plugin for WordPress to version 0.9.2, adding a large number of new features/options as well as a some bug fixes.
Here’s what’s new:
- Embed player within blog posts with [powerpress] shortcode. (learn more about PowerPress shortcode)
- Add embed code from sites such as YouTube, Viddler and blip.tv
- Custom entry box settings for entering customized iTunes keywords, subtitles and summaries and no player option
- iTunes URL setting for custom and category podcast feeds (These iTunes listings can be pinged as well)
Improvements and Fixes
- iTunes ping logic improved to support scheduled posts
- Latest iTunes ping result displayed below the iTunes URL setting
- Fixed bug with `require_once()` calls on some servers displaying a fatal error
- Fixed scheduled posts deleting podcast episode bug in WordPress 2.8+
- Completely revamped the â€œon pageâ€ and new window players
- Removed the â€œplay in pageâ€ option as it was a source of confusion
- Relabeled Redirect Feed URL to FeedBurner Feed URL to clear up confusion
- Added m4b and m4r to list of detected audio formats
Blubrry has also added a function for theme developers to use to display the PowerPress players and links.
The latest version of PowerPress can be downloaded here.
If you’ve used PowerPress 0.9.2, leave a comment with your thoughts!