Miro 2.5 Gets Audio Podcast SupportAug 11th, 2009 | By James Lewin | Category: Podcast Distribution, Podcasting Software
The Participatory Culture Foundation, a Massachusetts based non-profit, has announced an update to the open source Miro internet TV platform that features faster performance and audio podcasts.
Changes in Miro 2.5 include:
- Miro 2.5 launches 2 â€“ 4 times faster (especially for users with lots of videos and feeds)
- New audio podcast section of the Miro Guide
- Better interface for audio playback
- Button to download from YouTube when you add as sidebar site â€“ also see: 4 ways to download files (including torrents) from websites inside Miro
- Smarter handling of bittorrent files, especially videos
- New Library interface with â€˜Videoâ€™, â€˜Audioâ€™, and â€˜Otherâ€™ sections
- New keyboard shortcuts for virtually all functions (great for programming a remote control)
- Interface polish and refinement
- Easier hacking: the database layer was rewritten to use a simplified SQLite schema and weâ€™ve created a new developer documentation site: Miro Developer Documentation v2.5
Miro is available for OS X, Windows & Linux. Download Miro here.