Blue Microphones Intros Free iPhone Field Recording AppNov 13th, 2009 | By James Lewin | Category: Featured Story, iPod Accessories, iPods & Portable Media Players, Podcasting Software
Blue Microphones has introduced Blue FiRe (App Store link), a free, high-fidelity field recording app for the iPhone and iPod Touch, developed in partnership with Audiofile Engineering.
Blue FiRe is optimized for use with Blue Microphone’s Mikey microphone, which attaches to the iPhone and iPod touch.
Coupled with the Mikey, Blue FiRe provides high-fidelity recordings in mono and stereo, while allowing users to see the audio waveform in real-time.
- Navigation of waveform via double-tap with configurable behavior.
- Configurable time units display.
- Record For, Record Until, Record Over Threshold and settings.
- Quality settings: Low (11.025 kHz), Medium (22.050 kHz) and High (44.1 kHz).
- Browser based file export via local web server.
- WAV, AIFF, CAF (Core Audio Format).
If you’ve used Blue FiRe or the Blue Microphone Mikey, leave a comment with your thoughts!