THX-Certified Blue Yeti Microphone The “Ultimate USB Microphone”Nov 12th, 2009 | By James Lewin | Category: Podcasting Hardware
Blue Microphones has introduced Yeti, the first THX Certified microphone and, according to the company, the “ultimate USB microphone for professional recording.”
- The first USB mic to offer Blue’s condenser capsules in aÂ triple capsule array for the highest quality, most versatile audio recording capability
- Four patterns (Omni, Cardioid, Stereo, Bidirectional) forÂ versatility and superior results
- THX certification
- Studio quality performance and features, with zero latency, amplified headphone monitoring, microphone mute, and hardware-based gain adjustment
- Driverless installation and works with both PC and Mac.
- The Yeti’s angle can be adjusted on its custom-designed desk stand.
The Yeti microphone is designed to offer quality recordings in a wide range of situations, including podcasts, vocals, live or event recording, interviews, broadcasts, instruments, bands and more.
“THX testing and certification ensures the fidelity of the recording always remains true to its source” according to Matthew Chrispen, director of certification at THX, “allowing artists to accurately capture voice-overs, interviews and other sound elements with confidence.”
The Yeti, MSRP $149.99, will be available beginning December 2009.