EmailWire Adds Press Release Podcasting ServiceJan 25th, 2010 | By James Lewin | Category: Audio Podcasting, Corporate Podcasts, Podcast Distribution, Podcasting
EmailWire NewsWire, a press release distribution service, is now offering podcasting as part of their services:
When a client purchases a press release distribution package for $199 or more, the summary, contact information and website address of the company’s press release is read by GroupWeb Radio’s host and podcasted to potential 38 million of listeners on iTunes, Zune network, mobile phones and podcast directories.
The transcript of each edition of a news summary is published and distributed to media outlets.
Here’s a summary of their podcasting plans:
- CEO Interview $595
- 5 minutes interview with GroupWeb Radio host.
- Interview is placed in your newsroom.
- One press release is distributed nation wide with podcast link embeded.
- We provide you with an MP3 file of your interview to place on your website
- CEO Interview with Unlimited Press Release Distribution Plan: $1549
- 5 minutes interview with Radio host.
- Send unlimited press releases nationwide for one year.
- Press Release summary on podcast $199
- Summary of your press release is included in our weekly podcast.
- Your press release is distributed to national U.S. media outlets.
- Podcast will be embeded in GroupWeb Radio news summaries published nationwide.
While EmailWire NewsWire claims a potential audience of 38 million for these press release podcasts, it’s difficult to imagine anyone subscribing to a stream of random audio press releases.
Some companies my find a service like this useful to ensure that their press releases get indexed as media, in addition to text. Most companies, though, are better off focusing on trying to create content that people will seek out.