Google Listen For Android Gets An UpdateFeb 18th, 2010 | By James Lewin | Category: Audio Podcasting, Podcasting, Podcasting Software
Google has updated its free podcast client for Android devices, Google Listen.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.1:
- Subscriptions are stored by Google Reader in the “Listen Subscriptions” folder.
- Subscribed feed items are fresh, no longer limited in size, and are available offline (and more quickly).
- Screen “My listen items” shows queued and most recently subscribed item, with refresh button for subscriptions.
- Subscriptions screen is a list of subscribed feeds instead of the most recent item in the feed.
- Better control of listened state: “Mark all..” on details screen and context menus.
- The queue is now ordered by time added (instead of publication time).
- Settings has a “Check for new items” interval that periodically fetches new subscription items.
- Subscriptions screen has an “Add a subscription” button since the menu item with this function was regularly overlooked.
- “More episodes” screen now includes a “Queue new” button.
- Help screens and splash screen have been combined.
- The item title in the “Now Playing” mini-view is now clickable.
- Added voice input button to search bar.
- Play controls in landscape mode now take up less space.
- Add “Play” to context menu.
- Search subscriptions has temporarily been removed.
- Share an episode function has temporarily been removed.
- Various minor bug fixes.
*To preserve your currently subscribed feeds, please make sure you install from Market without uninstalling the previous version. Your feeds will automatically be integrated with Google Reader.