Obama, Democrats Looking For A Social Media GuruFeb 13th, 2010 | By James Lewin | Category: General, Microblogging
Organizing for America, the successor organization to Obama for America, and the Democratic National Committee are looking to hire a Social Networks Manager.
The Social Networks Manager will be responsible for maintaining the Democratic Party and Organizing for America accounts on all social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and MySpace.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail; your writing is strong, sharp, and personable
- Strong organizing and campaigning instincts; you can craft messages that move people to act, and you know what actions will achieve the right impact at the right time
- Strong familiarity with social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc.
- Ready to work hard; this isn’t a 9-5 sort of job
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Passionate about engaging millions of Americans in advancing President Obama’s agenda and changing the country
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to Washington, DC
Preference given for experience with:
- Online organizing experience with an electoral campaign, advocacy organization or non-profit
- Complex project management
- Experience using social media for organizing