Zoom Q3HD Handy Video Recorder Does HD Video, Stereo SoundOct 11th, 2010 | By James Lewin | Category: Digital Video Recorder, Internet TV, Podcasting Hardware, Video
Zoom has announced the new Q3HD Handy Video Recorder, which features HD video and HD audio (24-bit/96kHz) in a tiny package.
While the Zoom Q3HD does HD video, Zoom emphasizes the recorder’s audio capabilities:
The Q3HD uses the same microphone capsules as Zoom’s industry-leading H4n Handy Recorder. From live musical performances, rehearsals and recitals to journalism, education, sports or travel, the Q3HD’s pristine audio is so realistic your movies will transport you back to the moment, to relive over and over again.
With two on-board, studio-quality condenser mics configured in a wide 120° X/Y pattern, the Q3HD gives you true depth and stereo imaging, making your movies sound as if they were recorded on a Hollywood soundstage.
The Q3HD also displays audio meters, allowing you to quickly monitor and set your levels. Set the gain to High or Low to record in soft or loud environments. Or use the Q3HD’s Auto Level to automatically set the right recording level for any given situation. And now with two settings for Auto Level Gain Control, we’ve made it easy to get great sound no matter what you’re shooting. For outdoor shoots, we highly recommend using a windscreen over the mics.
Details below. Pricing and availability to come.
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones with 120° X/Y configuration for true stereo imaging
- Video resolution of 720p at 30 or 60 fps or 1080p at 30 fps
- WVGA (standard definition) at 30 or 60 fps is also available for smaller file sizes
- Get up to 45 minutes of 720p at 30fps video with 2GB SD card
- Accepts up to a 32GB SDHC cards for 7 hours of 720p at 30fps (Audio at AAC192 kbps)
- Large 2.4-inch 320 x 240 color LCD display
- Built-in NTSC/PAL TV and HDMI output
- 4x digital zoom
- Video format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
- Audio formats: 44.1/48/96kHz 16/24-bit WAV (PCM) or AAC up to 320kbps
- Auto Record Level automatically sets audio levels during recordings
- Uses two standard AA batteries or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- USB 2.0 with built-in cable
- Windows and Mac OS compatible
- Built-in speaker and tripod mount
- Includes HandyShare editing and, YouTube uploader software, Apple Quicktime, 2GB SD card, two AA batteries
- Optional accessory package (APQ-3HD) includes soft shell case, windscreen, AC adapter, HDMI cable, AV cable and tripod