TASCAM DR-05, A $99 Handheld Portable Audio RecorderFeb 26th, 2011 | By James Lewin | Category: Audio Podcasting, Podcasting, Podcasting Hardware
Tascam has introduced the DR-05, a $99 portable stereo recorder with high-resolution audio.
- The stereo recorder features a pair of condenser microphones with sensitivity up to 125dB SPL and low noise.
- The design of the DR-05 is optimized for sound quality, from the dedicated power supply for the codec to bring out the full spec of the A/D and D/A converter to the separate analog & digital circuit boards and low impedance circuit design with noise resistance in its compact case.
- The DR-05 records to microSD or microSDHC media, recording in MP3 or WAV (BWF) file format at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
- Peak reduction function sets the optimum recording level even in recording to avoid the over level.
- Quick Menu selects commonly used parameters in playback or record like auto level setting or limiting, while deeper settings are available through a full-featured setup menu.
- The 1/8” mic/line input can supply power for microphones.
- A Level Align function prevents uneven volume levels during playback through the 1/8” headphone output or built-in speaker.
- Variable-Speed Audition – which changes playback speed without affecting pitch – and looping are also available during playback for transcription or learning new music.
- 17.5 hours of longer battery life at 44.1kHz/16-bit, WAV (BWF).
Tascam DR-05 Specifications:
- Handheld Portable Recorder
- Built-in Stereo Condenser Omnidirectional Microphones with sensitivity up to 125dB SPL
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
- Peak Reduction function, optimized for music recording, automatically sets the gain of while recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Self timer recording starts recording 5 or 10 sec. after pressing the record button for waiting until you are ready
- Auto and manual track increment
- Variable speed playback (50%-150%) without changing the pitch
- Loop and repeat playback
- Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
- Playback EQ setting
- Editing function (Divide and delete)
- Up to 99 mark points on each file
- Chromatic tuner
- 1/8” stereo mic/line input
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Jump back function returns to previous point with one action (1-10, 20, 30 sec.)
- 1/8” headphone/line output
- Built-in speaker
- microSD (64MB – 2GB)/microSDHC (4GB – 32GB) card slot (2GB card included)
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus power
- Tripod socket hole
- Dimensions: 2 3/8” W x 5 9/16” H x 1” D
- Weight: 4 1/16 oz