Apogee Mike – New USB Microphone For iPad, iPhone & MacMar 15th, 2011 | By James Lewin | Category: Audio Podcasting, Mobile Podcasting, Podcasting, Podcasting Hardware
Apogee Electronics has introduced Mike, described as “the most compact studio quality USB microphone available for iPad, iPhone and Mac”.
Here’s what Apogee has to say about Mike:
Mike by Apogee is an extremely portable, easy-to-use and powerful microphone for use with GarageBand on your favourite iOS devices.
Finally, you can capture your best take with incredible quality, wherever your music takes you. Record any sound you can imagine, from vocals to vibraphones, acoustic to lap steel guitars, pianos to percussion and everything in between, and build a track right on your iPad with GarageBand. With the unique flexibility to also plug Mike into your Mac, the possibilities of recording are endless.
“With Mike, GarageBand and an iPad,” says Betty Bennett, CEO of Apogee Electronics, “Customers can record vocals and acoustic instruments with their iOS devices anytime, anywhere, and sound fantastic.”
- PureDIGITAL technology delivers pristine sound quality
- Designed to record vocals and acoustic musical instruments
- Great for voice overs, interviews and podcast recordings
- No configuration, just plug in and record
- Easily adjust input levels without accessing software
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- Made for GarageBand on iPad and Mac
- Includes desktop stand and mic clip
- Size: 4.5″ tall
Pricing and availability for the Apogee Mike are to be announced.