Vimeo iPhone App Now Available & Free, iPad Version In The WorksMar 30th, 2011 | By James Lewin | Category: Internet TV, iPhone, Video
Vimeo has made an interesting move – releasing a free iPhone app, designed to let you upload and manage your videos, right from your phone.
And they’ve got big plans for mobile video apps – including a version for the iPad and Android devices.
Here are the details.
- Watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos and download them to your camera roll
- Easily upload your raw footage or edited creations in HD or SD
- Pause/resume uploads and get reminded when a video is paused
- Replace existing videos
- Edit title, description, tags, privacy and credits
- Share with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, Email or SMS
- Add your clips to your Groups, Channels and Albums
- Stats on daily plays, likes and comments
Easy-to-use Video Editor:
- Capture video with focus control and grid alignment
- Combine, edit, and trim your videos
- Add transitions, titles, and effects
- Add music and recordings
- Control volume levels
- Save edited videos to your camera roll or upload directly to Vimeo
Watch Video Too:
- Watch videos from your Vimeo inbox, Watch Later queue, or videos you have liked
- Easily like, comment and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- Discover new and interesting videos in the Browse tab
While the Vimeo iPhone app is already fairly sophisticated, Search, Airplay support and additional effects are in the works.
An iPad version is also planned. It will be interesting to see if Vimeo supports the iPad 1, which Apple has chosen not to, with iMovie. Android users are next on their list, too.
The Vimeo iPhone app is a free download in the App Store.