New iPhone App, Filmic Pro, A Replacement For iMovie?May 29th, 2011 | By James Lewin | Category: Digital Video Recorder, Video
Cinegenix has released FiLMiC Pro (App Store link), a dedicated video camera app that lets you shoot better video on your iPhone by ’asserting as much manual control over camera functions as possible.’
It offers three focus/exposure systems:
- Double Reticle Mode: two separate adjustable reticles for spot sampling focus and exposure.
- Single Reticle Mode: a center fixed positioned spot sampling reticle for both focus and exposure.
- Full Frame Mode: samples both both focus and exposure from the entire frame.
- Variable Frame Rates (1-25 and 30fps) including both the US (24p) and European (25p) film production standards.
- Four Selectable Resolutions (iPhone 4 or 4th Gen iPod Touch).
- Framing Guide Overlays (4:3, 16:9, & 2:35.1).
- Thirds Guide for composition.
- Audio Metering.
- Color Bars for Post Production.
- Film Production Style Slate for syncing with an external audio system or multi-camera shoots, and adding info to inform your editor or organize your clips within the clip library.
- FTP Server
Cinegenix FiLMiC Pro is currenty on sale for $.99. If you’ve tried FiLMiC Pro, let us know what you think of it!