Tascam Intros iM2 iPhone MicrophoneNov 23rd, 2011 | By James Lewin | Category: Audio Podcasting, Podcasting, Podcasting Hardware
Tascam has introduced the iM2 – microphone adapter that turns an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into a high-quality stereo recorder.
The microphones are adjustable over 180 degrees for optimal sound placement. The iM2 contains its own microphone preamp and analog-to-digital converter for low noise and premium audio quality.
- Stereo condenser microphones for iPhone 4, iPod Touch or iPad dock connection
- High-quality stereo condenser microphones – same as our best-selling DR-series recorders
- Microphones adjustable 180 degrees front to back
- Built-in analog to digital converter and microphone preamp for low noise recording
- 125dB SPL maximum level for recording loud shows without distortion
- Switchable limiter attenuates high-level signals to prevent recording overload
- Adjustable input level control
- Powered through iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch dock connector
- USB input allows the iPhone or iPad to be charged from a USB connection or optional TASCAM PS-P515U
- CD-quality digital recording (44.1kHz/16-bit linear PCM)
- Compact size ideal for mobile use
- Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4G, iPad, iPad 2
Pricing & Availability:
The iM2 Stereo Microphone is available now for US $79.