Alesis iO Mix Turns Your iPad Into A 4-Channel Recording StudioMar 21st, 2012 | By James Lewin | Category: Apple iPad, Audio Podcasting, Podcasting
Alesis has introduced the iO Mix, a new docking station that turns your iPad into a 4-Channel recording studio.
The Alesis iO Mix lets you mix and record four channels of audio directly into GarageBand or other compatible Core Audio apps, turning the iPad into a multitouch portable studio.
Around the back, iO Mix lets you connect microphones, instruments, speakers, headphones and more to your iPad, which could make it a great audio podcasting workstation.
- The world’s first mixer/multi-channel interface for iPad
- Mix and record up to four channels, or a stereo mix into your iPad
- Works with mics, instruments, speakers, headphones, video monitors and projectors
- Four combo XLR-1/4″ input channels, each with trim, channel gain, pan, and low & high EQ
- Switchable 48V phantom power for use with studio condenser microphones
- Guitar-direct (DI) switch for guitar recording without an amp
- Balanced, stereo 1/4″ outputs and 1/4″ headphone output with separate volume controls
- Direct Monitor switch for latency-free input monitoring while recording
- Switchable limiter for clip-free recordings
- Hinged door completely encloses and secures your iPad
- Core Audio-compliant: works with virtually any app in the App Store
- Video output for connection to TVs and projectors: perfect for presentations, meetings and VJs
- Mountable to a mic stand using the Alesis Module Mount (sold separately)
- Complete routing and signal-management controls
- Power supply also charges your iPad